- Shift the motorcycle into the highest gear to take the tension off the chain
- Loosen and remove the rear axle nut and the chain adjusters.
- Carefully remove the old sprocket from the rear wheel.
- Clean the rear wheel hub and the area around the sprocket carefully.
- Install the new sprocket onto the rear wheel hub, making sure that it is properly aligned.
- Re-install the chain onto the new sprocket and adjust the chain tension according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Tighten the rear axle nut and the chain adjusters.
- Test the sprocket and chain by shifting through the gears and checking for proper tension and alignment.
- Repeat the adjustment process as needed until the sprocket and chain are properly tensioned and aligned.
Conduct a short low speed test ride before embarking on a longer faster ride.